Welcome to Joshuaonline

Hello and Welcome to Joshuaonline , we like to look at the TV and Media here it's not updated everyday but we try have a few posts each month, hope you enjoy and thanks for visiting



NETWORK TV Midseason 2024

The Strikes are Over, the networks have midseason programming palanned..


Premiere Dates: FOX NBC CBS ABC The CW

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Joshuaonline 10 years: A Thanks


          Joshuaonline is 10 years old now , and first, I want to say Thankyou for your support and visiting, even if this is your first time.  10 years ago ,  I kept hearing about blogs and I wanted one , it took some time to see if I really wanted to ,so I searched for how to get a free blog (yeah yeah) and I  found blogger, and I started Croglog, our sister site, in 2006 then around the same time Joshua Online was started.  This site was never about TV at first,  and the name is of my dog, Joshua, who sadly passed later that year. I tried different things for this site and my other , and then kind of let it gather dust when I was focusing on Mychiller, our other site. I have an interest in a few subjects : history, news, politics, television/television presentation, and probably other things.   I also didn't know how blogging worked  at first, so there's  a reason why any posts from 2006-07 aren't here because of me thinking that there would a space problem if I didn't delete.  By 2009 I started leaning this site toward Television and media talk and it stuck to now.
      The name , I did consider changing , but didn't have the heart, or honestly couldn't think up a name that would fit  this site.  This site abashedly does it own thing , not following the TV trend , mostly because it's my hobby, never made  money from this thing . Though if you would like to send money that'd be interesting.  We do some TV news and reviews and pretty much  in our own way , again this is a one person (currently) hobby , that means we can't cover it all so we don't try it all, or else I would have shut this place down a long time ago.
      One of the things I really love doing is the Lookbacks, which started as what was to be short term thing in 2014, when the final traditional commercial network Children's block , Vortexx, was going away. I grew up at the point where Saturday Morning network Children's TV was a part of  my Television experience , but at the same time Nick, Cartoon Network, Disney, and Fox Family were also my places any other time, that means  I pretty much would be in a last generation where  the big networks were spaces for this programming.  I do think it 's sad and I decided to write about former Children's TV blocks on network TV, even ones that were kind of obscure now. I felt it would be nice to write about as  maybe a way for those who grew up with any 60's -late 2000's blocks  to maybe  have a good remember.  Last year, I started our monthly Peanuts Lookback , where 3 things alligned so well for them :  The Comic was turning 65, the Christmas Special was turning 50 , and the movie was coming out. I am  a big fan of the peanuts , will watch anything Peanuts,  So those lookbacks ,which we are still doing, of specials  gave me a chance to see some I haven't seen at all  , so this let me do things at once : Watch Peanuts specials and write about them, which is great. Soap Operas are part of this blog. I mean , if this site was a living person , Soaps would be in it's DNA structure. Writing about ended soaps , even the ones that didn't last long is a fun experience that I hope was enjoyed or even maybe brought back a memory or two.

    Note sure what else, there is to say  but Thanks for your visiting and 10 years is impressive feat  or just the being around and letting time pass maybe.


No comments: