Welcome to Joshuaonline

Hello and Welcome to Joshuaonline , we like to look at the TV and Media here it's not updated everyday but we try have a few posts each month, hope you enjoy and thanks for visiting



NETWORK TV Midseason 2024

The Strikes are Over, the networks have midseason programming palanned..


Premiere Dates: FOX NBC CBS ABC The CW

Thursday, July 09, 2020

But First These Messages: Uhhh Random 90's ads

But First These Messages

   Trying something different (again!) Finding commercial breaks on the internet is apparently easy, so we are taking one video and looking  at the commercials  included.  This might be a weird idea.

 But First These Messages....

        These ads are from Cleveland so there will be some Cleveland stuff in here, Like this radio station


Fun fact this station still exists as a classic rock station as we write this, cool (2020)




Neon is cool



Note : if it didn't work (Start the video at :30)  



What? Toasters are automatic? cool!  Also May Company was a department store, like many department stores  featured in 90's ads it doesn't exist anymore.
  It was founded in Joshuaonline home state of Colorado in 1877 and closed down in 2005.


Pretty / I don't  know what else to say,I don't understand the concept of writing on your face  to decorate it so alright.


(note :if it doesn't work auto. then move to 1:00 in) 


This commercial is simple really.  I want to buy Gems now


Write this down and don't be 30 years late 


(note: if it doesn't work start from 1:32 to 2:02 finish)  

         
       I'm not that impressed it's a Hynudai Excel so uhhhh yeah , plus manual shifts are cool

             
Meanwhile, someone is wondering where their shift went 

more after the jump



(note: video  02:02 to 02:33) 


When you are outside and want to hug people wear soap!  Jeeze!

   
They got married 6 months later 

They don't each other they were pick pocketing each other 

I don't wanna get into shape it's too much...(note: start 2:33 end at 3:02) 


 Hey Sheena Easton! I'm in , I'll take whatever this is


I don't know how much the lamp was 


                       (note:starts at 3:02 ends at 3:32) 
  Time to bet on some horses I guess

                             
yep that's a horse 

  Not the most thrilling commercial there  so , let's hope for ...(note start at 3:33 ends at 4:02) 


   Oh it's Mercury commercial alright

nice kitty 

Now that I've bought a car, I need some food (note start at : 4:02 to 4:31) 

I don't know it's a simple commercial not much else I can say ;  I do admire it's not excessive  and kind of sweet
yum 

You know,  I won some money on the horses, bought a car, soap, food, listened to the radio,now I need  a trip (note start at 4:32  ends at 5:02) 

            
        We're going to South Carolina !

Nobody gets that excited for a vacation, now you have to buy a new roof shameful 


anyway some idiot jumped through my roof , So I have to get a new car  (note: start at 5:02 end at 5:33) 




I'll take the Ranger, wrap it  up and let's go!
nice!!! 

  Guess I need to do some fixing up around here  (note : starts 5:33 ends at 6:03) 




I  am confused was late march 1990 a really patriotic time or something a  lot of these ads feel like they were for the 4th of July...

               
I don't know it's paint! 

 Oops we dropped paint on our sofa, time for a new one (incase it doesn't work start at 6:03 end at 6:33 ) 



Markdown Fever it's like Boogie Fever but less weird

Not $1000  it's  1000 pounds  

Good, we got our new Sofa   it's time for our clothes to get washed and I need a red shirt to stay red (Starts at 6:33 ends at 7:03) 


The fish didn't like the shirt  also nice use of "As Time Goes By"

You don't tell me what to do 

Now we need a new car again two are better than one (7:03 to 7:33) 






Smell that?  No not that? That!  It's baseball season and you need a Subaru to root for the Cleveland Indians!
When your car gets stolen 

Quick. name an animal you don't have to feed... (7:33 to 8:03) 


Great gift for my gardening friends .... if they didn't ALREADY HAVE ONE!

Whoa it turned on the hose and cleaned itself , I'm scared! 

All the terror has given me some hunger pains; time for some English Muffins




English Muffins have transported to America and thus the world was saved

Pinky up and Carry on 

Now oh come on ! 


 The car ads have burned me out, this one is just saying they are working together or something

Now if you any other road way you will be transported to Cincinnati 


Oh no! Special report! 



Something tells me this isn't a news report

Before cut backs in local news,  Frozen Yogurt Reporter was the best job in local news 


Need to get some clothes before the Yogurt panic starts (9:33-10:03) 



Value City  was a department store chain on Ohio , like the last department store it'slso gone now it lasted until 2008.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and finally we have un sold ad time so , here's a PSA









Go do the Census

     That's it for now, back to our  90's problem  Totally Dude!



No comments: