Welcome to Joshuaonline

Hello and Welcome to Joshuaonline , we like to look at the TV and Media here it's not updated everyday but we try have a few posts each month, hope you enjoy and thanks for visiting



NETWORK TV Fall 2024

It's that time of year again! The networks are releasing their fall line ups


Fall Line up: FOX NBC CBS ABC The CW

Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Oh Yeah! Cartoons: #9: The Feelers

Nickelodeon 


       Previously,  three superheroes save the town, but not the three you think [HERE]

   

  #9 The Feelers

Season 1, Episode 11c

Hey look another short crated by Bill Burnett.  I kind of like the concept of personified bugs, there's something fun about that idea to me. This one is about an insect band who are trying to make it big, meaning to appeal to humans. 

                   The first song kind of feels like an 80's song with the lead singing bug , Mitzi, is giving me Joan Jett vibes. The bugs are in our normal world, so they are small and almost getting crushed under humans.  Mitzi gets an idea to visit a recording studio to appeal to humans.  

    The song the two humans singing is kind of funny how self aware it is.  They find a spider to help them with the stuff to record. Mitzi starts singing a love song about lightbulbs because she's a moth. Every song in this short is fun, I love that's there's  love song about a lightbulb.  They decide that humans don't want a love song about lightbulbs (sung like that, I'll take any song) 

      They make a song about going to Hollywood and making it big.  Then the record producer returns and bug sprays them, the other bugs think Mitzi is dead. The record executive shows up to hear the song that the humans were making and producer ends up flying the Feelers song. Mitzi isn't dead.  The executive now wants the Feelers. The short ends with the bugs dancing.  

                This is one I really wish had become a series, it seems like fun idea. The songs were really fun, they had that cool 80's vibe to them. I like character designs and the bug idea appeals to me. There's something really fun about this one.   There feels like potential in this one.(I'm going to be saying that alot too huh?)  

          This one didn't bug me. (boo!)  It's hard to find anything negative in some of these. since it's judging a seven minute short pilot that would have been modified if it had become a series. If I do find something I really don't like I note it, but that's not always going to be a big case.  


  That's it for now, tune in next time when I listen to a fly band.    



No comments: